Recipe type: Side
Sugary, buttery carrots
- 4 (16oz.) Bags of carrots
- 4 Tablespoons Margarine or butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Pepper
- About 45 minutes before serving: Cut each carrot crosswise in half. Cut each half lengthwise into thin slices, then cut slices into matchstick strips.
- In 5-quart saucepan over high heat, in 1-inch boiling water, heat carrots to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Drain well, leaving carrots in saucepan.
- To carrots, add margarine or butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; over medium heat, heat until margarine or butter and sugar melt, stirring occasionally.