Rides For A Reason 2012 September 22nd
This Article Brought To You By:
Rides for a Reason 2012 is a very special event that will be happening at the Love Civic Center on September 22nd. This will be an all-day event. There will be a 5K fun run/walk starting at 8:00 am, Memorial Motorcycle Ride starting at 11:00, Collector/Classic/Muscle cars show up at 10:00 and it will be $1 per vote, There will be a Tailgate party with a Hamburger cook-off, with the competing burgers to start at 1:00, judging to start at 1:30, beer goggles and golf cart obstacle course, bands playing all day from 10-4, 50/50 ticket drawing, kids’ activities like: face painting, bounce houses, soft ball tournament. Wrist bands will be available for the food, and there will also be t-shirts for sale.
Here is even more information about the first ever Rides For a Reason 2012!
Softball Tournament Info:
USSSA (UTRIP) rules
- 44 coreballs up to 525 compression
- Double Elimination
- Only accepting 15 teams
1 & 1 count
- 5 home runs per game, teams can purchase 3 extra home runs for $5.00 to be paid BEFORE the game starts. $20.00 will get you unlimited home runs if both teams agree
- 1st and 2nd place get a T-shirt
- $175.00 per team
- Teams can bat up to 12 hitters
- Entry includes a hamburger and soft drink for every player, up to 12 per team
Running For a Reason 5K Fun Run/Walk Info:
- Race begins at 8:00 A.M. at Trail de Paris
- Race begins at the Pavilions and Civic Center
- Entry deadline to guarantee a t-shirt is September 15th
- You may pick up bib and t-shirt in the morning 30 minutes before the race.
- Age groups:
12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and Over 60
- Medals will be awarded to overall top three runners. Ribbons will be awarded for winners in each age category.
Rumble For A Reason Car Show Info:
No entry fee for cars at the show.
People’s Choice Voting ~~ Visitors to the show will purchase vote tickets for $1 each. They will then vote for their favorite entry by depositing their vote ticket into the ballot box next to each car.
First place trophy will be awarded to the winning car!
For more information, contact Ronnie at 903-785-0467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooking For A Reason Hamburger CookOff Info:
1. Teams can consist of any number of people, but one team member will need to be team captain.
2. All teams will need to provide their own source of fire, be it grill or smoker, and necessary fuel. All fires must remain contained. No ground fires or cooking pits.
3. All equipment must stay in your area. Absolutely no holes or digging. You can bring sand buckets.
4. No pre-cooking, patties must be 75% beef minimum. Your list of ingredients is required before cooking. (secret spices and marinades not included)
5. Dylan’s Drivers will not be held responsible for damages, loss, theft, accidents or injuries.
6. Each team must cook 5 hamburgers for judging, then at least 30 more to be sold to the public. All monies to go to Dylan’s Drivers.
7. Burgers must be cooked according to the Lamar County Health Department guidelines.
8. There will be a special prize for the best decorated team.
9. The winning team will receive $100.00 and a trophy.
For more information, contact Vicki Ballard at 903-491-9240 email@example.com
Here is the tentative schedule so far for the day:
8 am- Running for a Reason 5K Fun Run / Walk
10 am- Rumble for a Reason Collector / Classic / Muscle Car Show
11 am- Ride for a Reason Memorial Motorcycle Ride
8 am- Rounding Bases for a Reason Softball Tournament (may start Friday night depending on the number of teams entered)
12 pm- Cooking for a Reason Hamburger Cookoff and Tailgate Party
Ongoing Beer goggles golf cart obstacle course, Live music, Face Painting, Bounce Houses, and much, much more!