Tour de Paris Coming to Paris Texas
The 27th Annual Tour de Paris happens next weekend on July 16th. Area cyclists as well as bike enthusiasts from all over will be coming out in droves to participate. There will be 35, 60, 90, and 110 K routes for bicyclists to travel. The routes start and end at the Love Civic Center. Late registration happens the day before at the Love Civic Center. Packets can be picked up, filled out, and paid for there. You can also pick up your Pre-Event packet at Plano Cycling & Fitness and Richardson Bike Mart.
Before you ride on the 16th, there will be an all-you-can-eat carbo-loaded Pancake Breakfast at Love Civic Center. Tours will begin at 8 a.m. with a staggered start.
Click here for the printable registration form.
Adult Registration at the rate of $20 was available thru June 24th. From June 25th until the 15th of July, the rate is $25. If you register the day of the event, the price is $30. Ages 12 & Under are only half price. Tandems are $5 off for the second rider.
Here are the requirements and recommendations if you wish to participate in the Tour de Paris.
• Bike must be in good working order.
• Helmets are required anytime you are on the bicycle.
• Riders are encouraged to carry their own water bottle, pumps, tubes and tools. Water available at start and all Rest Stops.
• Riders are responsible for their own repairs.
The following rally services will be available for riders:
• Rest Stops
• Sag Service & Medical Services will be provided until 2 p.m.
• Limited shower facilities available following the Rally
Here is the first and second map of the routes. Click on them to enlarge and right click to save.
The following businesses and organizations are sponsoring this year’s Tour de Paris.
• City of Paris EMS
• Boy Scouts Troop #2
• The Deport Times
• Girl Scouts #26
• Harley Owners Group
• American Red Cross
• We Pack Logistics
• RRV Amateur Radio Club
• Paris High School
• The Paris News
• Paris Texas
• Richardson Bike Mart
• Plano Cycling & Fitness
• Texas Department of Transportation